Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mission Accomplished.....

Before each semester began, I've set my own mission and my task is to make sure that it is DONE at the end of the semester.

Mission 1 : To get back my dean list and bring
up my CGPA to first class CGPA (Completed)

I've just got my official result yesterday, and yes, I've got back my dean list and my CGPA is first class now after a slight drop during my previous semester. Now my task is to maintain it as I'm one of the Intel Penang Design Center Scholars.

Mission 2 : To get recognition from at least one of the computer giant company and to get a free undergraduate education (Completed)

I've achieved the mission 2. It is my long term goal while doing my undergraduate studies in Computer and Communication Systems Engineering. During my past semester, I was applying for Intel Penang Design Center Scholarship programme 2008. I've got the offer from them with the scholarship worth RM10, 000 per year. My Dream Come True at the end, with Intel, as Intel is the largest semiconductor company in the world. I've always thinking want to work for Intel, and thank God, I've got the recognition from them. Now my task is to meet their expectation as I'm going to sign the contract with them on 9th January 2009 : work for Intel Penang Design Center for 3 years upon graduation. I hope this would speed up my process, of getting the title "Ir" (a title for Professional Engineer) before the age of 30.



Besides, I'm one of the DiGi Student Ambassador (under DiGi Yellow Army Programme) in my campus, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM). DiGi is one of the largest telecommunication company in Malaysia.




Mission 3 : Active in extra curricular activities and at the same time maintain high CGPA at all the time (Long term mission)

During my past semesters, I've participated a lot of extra curricular activities within the faculty and also the college. Being the Program Director for the "Career Guidance Talk in IEM", ad hoc committee member of E - Challenge 2008 (Director of Logistics Department), Publicity Director with the Engineering Students Society (PEMAJU)

All of the activities above strengthen up my resume as resume is one of the tools to sell myself to the market in the future. Besides, it also helps to develop management skills and also my soft skills. It is one of the greatest achievements for me, active in extra curricular activities and also balance up with the high CGPA at all the time. I hope this would continue in the next semester to come. Next semester I would be rather busy, as one of the Director for Career and Self Development Expo 2009 (CDEX 2009) and also UPM Charity Run 2009 Organizing Committee.

I've still have a long way to go in UPM as an undergraduate student,, it is still far away to accomplish this mission during the last semester


Special thanks to my lecturers, my coursemate, my friends and my family for giving me support at all the time.


- Wen Jian -

No comments: