Saturday, December 20, 2008

IEEE ScOReD 2008 Conference

Friends,,

Before I began with my sharing session here, I would like to thank to my supervisor, Dr Nor Kamariah and Dr Micheal for sponsoring me to the ScoRED 2008 conference in Johor Bahru and also not to forget En Azrin Yang Garang for publishing the OBE paper for that conference. The conference was held in Faculty of Electrical Engineering, UTM, Skudai, Johor Bahru from 26 - 27th of November 2008. All the expenses are paid by UPM and I don't need to pay anything for that conference,,, !!! he he he..

First Day

I had a nice accomodation there and we from Department of Computer and Communication Systems Engineering, UPM, stayed in a 5 star hotel in Johor Bahru which is Pulai Springs Resort and here is the snap shot of the picture inside the room that I stayed and its surroundings.



The kitchen inside my room

Cinta Ayu Block,,..the name of the apartment

A post with The beautiful Golf Course as a background

That is the 1st activity when I arrived in the Hotel at the evening,, Then at nite on the same day,, together with some of the International Student of our Dept, we had our dinner in Danga Bay which is located at the border of Johor Bahru and Singapore.. It is one of the Iskandar Malaysia Project and one of the tourist attraction place in Johor.


Danga Bay,,.the place I hang out at nite

The group of UPM KKK students,, only me is undergraduate student among of them

In the strait of Tebrau in Danga Bay

And, lamb chop + lime juice is the meal for my dinner,, it cost RM 20.00
(No need to use my own money too.... later claim back,,,,haaha)

That is the my first day in Johor Bahru..


26th of November, the start of the conference in UTM ,,
Prof. Ir. Dr. wiseguy@wenjian in front of the foyer of Faculty of Electrical Engineering, UTM

Students of Dr Micheal Ng Chee Kyun, Dr Iqbal and Dr Nor for SCORED 2008

And My tag for the conference

During the lunch time, I was surprised to met En Faisul Arif,, our microprocessor Lab Demo.. he also published and presenting his paper there with the title of Optimization of Fuzzy Rules in Fuzzy Controller System Ordinal Structure Model of Fuzzy Reasoning for Obstacle Avoidance Behaviour in a Khepler Mobile Robot.


En Faisul's paper presentation during the parallel session

My poster in the booth for RFID and Student Centered Learning paper

And now is my turn to present the paper in a poster format since I was under the undergraduate category.

When I was presenting, many people thinks that I'm either a final year student, master degree or PhD student from UPM.. But I'm not.. I'm a second year of undergraduate student in the Department of Computer and Communication Systems Engineering, UPM.. Undergraduate also can produce a quality research mah,,rite ?? especially from KKK dept of UPM..

Although I did not won anything,, but it is a great experience for me. I can see on how is the regular or postgraduate presentation going on and it is just like we are doing a ECC 3002 presentation...

I also can add up my technical knowledge in the field of Electrical and Electronic Engineering field and I was impressed by the Robotic Team of UTM. I can say that,, actually and to be honest, UTM is the best place to study Engineering compare to others as their undergraduate project are SUPERB, especially for Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Engineering........

The conference is over and it is my first ever conference,, I hope there is more and more conference coming in for students to participate. I was inform that, next year UPM would be the host for the SCORED...perhaps, anyone of you could start drafting out the paper to be submitted next year ??Who knows u might get the Best Paper Award for Undergraduate.....

No comments: